Monday, December 3, 2012

Dec. 3 Progress!

     I set my alarm for 4:30 am Monday morning. I'm determined to get there early and plant myself at the front gate until I get somewhere with this job application! With little more than a quick snack I roll out with a little extra determination in my step. I've been walking back and forth to Indian Creek for several days now without getting anywhere, but I'm ready to use a little more assertiveness today. Sunrise is still an hour off when I march up to the front gate, but sit on a nearby park bench and start dialing the grounds office every ten minutes.
     A cop pulls up and rolls down his window. Someone got suspicious and called the police on me again, I didn't even mention it in the blog but this happened yesterday too. That makes five times I've been stopped for questioning since I hit the road. He runs my license, asks a bunch of questions, and drives away shaking his head. Same drill.
     Finally by 6:30 someone picks up in the office. I identify myself and ask for Joe. He's not available. Can I make an appointment? 10:00 tomorrow morning. Progress! An official appointment!
     I turn around and head the the way I came. The rest of the day is spent at Dunkin' Donuts writing up the blogs for Saturday and Sunday. I'll spare you all the nitty-gritty, but I've got something special in the works for Tuesday's blog. Stay tuned!

1 comment: